Jason Brown, a combat veteran, and former box owner is the founder of Box Programming & Jason Brown Coaching, and published Author of “Lower-body Training” via Human Kinetics. Jason has a Masters of Science degree in Exercise Science, is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the NSCA, and is a Certified Special Strengths Coach with Westside Barbell. He regularly writes for T-Nation.com, EliteFTS.com, and serves as a presenter with the National Strength & Conditioning Association.
Jason and I finally get to do a show on the Vigor Life Podcast and since we both love the conjugate training model, owned gyms, and do some form of education of coaches nowadays, this conversation was full of insights on best program design principles, insights to succeed as a in person coach or gym owner, or how to develop your brand online. There’s so many nuggets to take away from the conversation with Jason.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How Jason got started in coaching and the one thing he did all top level coaches must do.
- The thing that made Jason become bought into the Conjugate Method.
- The moment Crossfit humbled Jason and led him to diving deep into conditioning.
- Why conditioning helps every goal whether longevity and health, muscle building, performance, and body composition; “just walking” is NOT enough.
- Starting his first gym after coming out of the military and why he chose Crossfit.
- The moment Jason realized he had a programming business in the Crossfit space and how 40,000 people started doing his programs.
- Why research shouldn’t be the main thing you put all your focus on and you have to be on the floor learning from experience.
- The reason coaches MUST create content to answer their clients and prospects answers, and get buy in into your business.
- Why neither Jason or I market with “before and after” pictures much, and why you shouldn’t make it your main approach.
- The 3 things I learned from Frank Kern that will help you become a 10x better marketer.
- The way Jason delivers incredible amounts of value and never runs out of leads that want to work with him without doing any sales calls.
- The behind the scenes of Jason’s Conjugate programming for different levels of clients.
- The NEED for having a training system that is engaging, challenging, fun, and trains different qualities at the same time – a winner in program design.
- The ONE question that should guide your clients program design.
- STOP doing these exercises no matter what, and making your clients get better results and better retention.
- Micro-dosing explosive and plyo work with any client, and how to integrate it into your programming.
- What the successful clients in their 50,60, and 70’s do, and what do they NOT do.
- The counterintuitive insight of accommodating resistance being a great tool even beginners.
- Becoming an elite coach AND elite at generating leads for your business.
- The BIG obstacle when it comes to online clients that most people don’t know about.
- The resources Jason and I are currently researching to become better coaches.
- Remember what your craft is and never stop improving it!
LINKS AND RESOURCES:
Jason Brown: www.JasonBrownCoaching.com
Lower Body Training Book: https://www.amazon.com/Lower-
The Ultimate Programming Playbook: https://www.
Ultimate MMA Conditioning: https://www.amazon.com/
Vigor Life Podcast (iTunes) h
Luka Hocevar YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/
Luka Hocevar Instagram https://www.instagram.com/
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback that you’d like to share? Leave me a review on iTunes.