E069: Fitness Business and Coaching Growth and Success Strategies Q & A w/ Luka Hocevar
When it comes to giving advice on anything, I am a proponent of a principle Ray Dahlio calls “believability”; which essentially boils down to listening to someone who has been there, done that, gone through/overcome the struggles, and is still doing it successfully. When it comes to fitness business and coaching Q & A’s I answer from a place of knowledge. I draw from all of the things that I’ve studied and experienced over my 13 years owning gyms (on two different continents) and helping hundreds of fitness professionals directly grow their gym’s and coaching businesses.
The answers I give in this podcast are drawn from my experience and based on Ray’s “believability” concept. Enjoy!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- When it is the right time to stop coaching and grow your gym. I address the question: is there ever a right time to do that?
- How to know if you should do what people tell you to do vs. what you want to do and how to avoid being confused by this
- Why you shouldn’t work to sell your business
- What it really takes to build systems for sales, marketing, fulfillment, team communication and customer experience
- Investing in yourself, your team, the client experiences, equipment and innovation; I tell you which one should you do first and how much you should invest
- The power of moments, giving back and connecting your tribe
- The concept of “whitespace” in your gym and why it’s important to have an area where you can differentiate yourself
- What the Vigor Dream Scholarship is and how we’re changing the way gyms do charity work
- What to do when you run out of ideas for content creation and ways to build content that will do well while setting you apart from everyone else
- One of the ways I learn and create at the same time and how that can help make you a better coach
- The curse of knowledge and how it can affect your ability to connect with your clients and the marketplace
- When should you invest in paid advertising
LINKS AND RESOURCES:
Vigor Ground Fitness and Performance: http://www.vigorgroundfitness.com/
Vigor Life Podcast (iTunes): https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/vigor-life-podcast/id1180256583?mt=2
Luka Hocevar YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ29YcBh-g6onRujX3wD_XA?view_as=subscriber
Luka Hocevar Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lukahocevar/
Podcast: The Coaching Habit Episode: http://vigorgroundfitness.com/ep059-say-less-ask-more-and-change-the-way-you-coach-and-lead/
Book: The Power of Moments – Why Certain Experiences Have Extraordinary Impact (Chip and Dan Heath): https://goo.gl/92iqFc
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback that you’d like to share? Leave me a review on iTunes.