EP024: How To Win At The Sport of Life
After my basketball career I struggled to find the motivation and structure to get the things I wanted to accomplished done both personally and professionally. It took a lot of trial and error — falling on my face (a few times) — and the help of mentors who helped guide me towards my goals for me to get to the place I wanted to be.
The revelation that really shifted things for me was that I am still an athlete, but now my sport is life and everything in it is my playground.
In this episode I share my perspective and the strategy that helped me break everything that I wanted to achieve down into monthly, weekly and daily targets/practices. A strategy that will help you dominate your days.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How I struggled after ending my basketball career with feelings of loss and a lack of purpose and what I did to turn it around
- How putting all my energy into my business actually damaged things that matter to me and the steps to avoid the same mistakes
- The philosophy and structure that allowed me to improve all areas of my life at the same time
- My secret ritual that gives me energy every night while also firing me up for the next day
- The small change you can make to supercharge your results in the next 90 days (in whatever area of life you choose)
- The game that will get you everything you want in life
- Why Super Mario Brothers and bosses will make you realize obstacles are the secret sauce to success
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback that you’d like to share? Leave me a review on iTunes.