EP025: Total Human Optimization, Pursuing Your Vision and Building a Great Team w/ John Wolfe
I met John Wolfe years ago while studying kettlebell training. What initially struck me about him was his approach to and philosophy about training – I loved how he implemented unconventional training methods into any program as a way to upgrade it.
John, who is now the CFO (Chief Fitness Officer) of Onnit, joins me to talk about everything from how to build culture, a community that connects instead of divides, and powerhouse teams that encourage individuals to step into greatness. We of course also get into unconventional training.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why John left his own business to join Onnit and how you can be happy and successful by putting yourself into the right career
- The secret to long term growth and success – “It’s not about how much money you make but ________.“
- How to learn some of the best lessons from the things you did wrong – or even better, learning from other people doing things wrong
- The principle that can be implemented to attract the best talent and a powerful tool that you can use to make great connections (both total game changers!)
- The 3 C’s that laid the foundation of success at Onnit
- The “magic formula” that makes the best teams and companies tick and why you MUST do this if you want to create a strong team in your company
- Why a “choose your own adventure” style of training may be the best way for people to stick to fitness long-term
- How I broke the record in the Viking Mace Challenge while being hungover at the Onnit grand opening
- How to create experiences that keep people coming back – the cornerstone of ANY business
- Why you’re the most successful when you choose your path and do what you love the most — and how you can help people in your organization do that
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback that you’d like to share? Leave me a review on iTunes.