EP032: The Myth About Changing Habits And Commitment To Your Goals
One of the things I regularly mention is that it doesn’t matter if you do your best if you don’t do what is required. That doesn’t mean that doing your best isn’t extremely important, but there are certain requirements that need to be done if you are to achieve anything in life – and often there is a disconnect between what you are doing and what is required.
A big part of achieving anything is the habits that you develop – which either take you towards your goals or away from them.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- My thoughts on some of the myths for creating habits
- Why I show up at midnight to do a podcast, and how it’s what you’re missing to get the results you want
- Why the people preaching at you who can build a habit in 21-days have got it all wrong, and how you can accelerate your change
- The simple and easy trick that will help you take control of your daily battle with bad habits
- How to break the habit loop currently stopping you from making changes in your life
- How to use training to change your body and also train your mind to be more focused – which will in turn give you the ability to change your habits
- The power of “the morning ritual” and how it can train you to pattern interrupt your bad habits
LINKS AND RESOURCES:
Vigor Ground Fitness
Luka Hocevar YouTube (Subscribe Here)
Book: Deep Work – Rules For Focused Success In A Distracted World (Cal Newport)
The Vigor Life Podcast (Subscribe Here)
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback that you’d like to share? Leave me a review on iTunes.