EP04: How To Avoid One Of The Biggest Mistakes That Set You Up For Failure When Setting Any Goal
People lie. I’m not talking about lying to other people, I’m talking about the lies that we tell ourselves about what we want and what we’re willing to do to get it.
There’s no greater “set-up to fail” situation then when you set goals for yourself that don’t matter to you. It’s like inputting the wrong location in your GPS, then feeling stupid, disappointed and unfulfilled when you arrive at your destination.
In this episode I address how to find clarity in what you TRULY want, and the 3 things that will show you what really matters to you (right now) and how to change them.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why the fastest way to progress is to tread slowly (contrary to what most people will tell you)
- How I continually failed at achieving my goals until I realized the REAL reason I couldn’t follow through with them
- What finally motivated me to get serious about what I set out to do
- The 3 things that will determine what really matters to you (right now) and the awareness test that will let you know where you’re directing your efforts and focus
- How your inner commitments match your external actions, and how all it takes is a piece of paper and a pencil to align them
- And the “focusing question” that will remove overwhelm and help move you closer towards your goals.
LINKS AND RESOURCES IN THIS EPISODE:
Wellness FX – The labs I got all of my blood work done at (locations around the country)
Book: Dark Side Of The Light Chasers – Debbie Ford
Luka’s YouTube Channel: Subscribe Here
Vigor Ground Fitness and Performance Gym
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave me a review on iTunes!