EP077: 17 Lessons To Invigorate Your Life
3 or 4 years ago I wrote a blog post with 99 lessons from life in it. At the time, I didn’t think much about. So when it went viral I was surprised by how many people enjoyed and shared it.
Last year I decided to give my original post an upgrade. I ended up rewriting a lot of it – pulling from my notes in my journals, my voice recordings, as well as insights on things I had changed since then.
What started as a blog—that I was going to write over the course of a week —ended up taking almost a year to complete. I am really proud of the completed project and am currently packaging it as an ebook – which I will be giving away for free. My hope is that you can take the lessons I have learned over the course of my life and apply them to your own—and benefit from them as much as I have.
Since there was no way to cover all the lessons in the podcast, I chose 17 powerful lessons and stories to share with you.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How I approach each day and the lesson that you need to live by if you want to continue to grow and improve
- The most important thing to understand if you want to win in life – no matter how bad a card you have been dealt or the obstacles you are facing
- The one word that you need to understand that will help your happiness thrive
- My favorite documentary and why it fires me up to be the best in the world at my craft every time that I watch it
- A painful question that will determine whether you need to change
- The 3 C’s that drive our intrinsic motivation and what helped me get out of some of the darkest places in my life
- The formula for achieving anything you want in life
- The 7 lessons of the Japanese forrest and why they are such an important part of my belief system
- The 5-steps to changing your subconscious behaviors
- The number one thing we should buy and use
- How to use your favorite self-sabotage stories to unlock your growth
LINKS AND RESOURCES:
Vigor Ground Fitness and Performance: www.VigorGroundFitness.com
Vigor Life Podcast (iTunes): https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/vigor-life-podcast/id1180256583?mt=2
Luka Hocevar YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ29YcBh-g6onRujX3wD_XA?view_as=subscriber
Luka Hocevar Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lukahocevar/
Jiro Dreams of Sushi Documentary: http://www.magpictures.com/jirodreamsofsushi/
Book: Tribe – On Homecoming and Belonging (Sebastian Junger): https://www.amazon.com/Tribe-Homecoming-Belonging-Sebastian-Junger/dp/1455566381/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1550480643&sr=8-1&keywords=sebastian+junger
Book: Social – Why Our Brains Are Wired To Connect (Matthew Lieberman): https://www.amazon.com/Social-Why-Brains-Wired-Connect/dp/0307889106/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1550480737&sr=1-3&keywords=social
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback that you’d like to share? Leave me a review on iTunes.