EP079: 5 Leadership Secrets From One Of The Worlds Greatest Teams To Help You Win In Life
I grew up watching my oldest brother play rugby – something he still does to this day. The current captain of the Slovenian National Rugby Team, he has become someone the sport respects.
Growing up I would watch rugby with him; which led to an infatuation with the New Zealand All-Blacks. There was something different about them. And I loved the Haka they did before their games… even though I didn’t know what it meant at the time.
Fast forward two decades to my current life. As a business owner, a friend recommended a book to me called “Legacy”. The book covers 15 leadership lessons from the All Blacks. In particular, how they overcame struggle and a failing team to build a culture of champions that leave a legacy.
I devoured the book. Going onto a mission to learn everything about how the team has become the most successful team sports franchise in history.
In today’s podcast I wanted to share 5 lessons of leadership from my studies. I have implemented these lessons in my own life – using them to help me change things around so that they serve my vision for my business and life. I am confident if you apply them to yours, they will help you turn things around in yours too.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- The topic I don’t think is taken seriously enough when it comes to business – despite being crucial to growth and longevity
- How I found these leadership and success principles and why they resonated with me so much
- A key value that highlights a success secret that most business owners forget
- Why you should never be too big to do the little things
- The analogy of the the spearhead and how it’s a belief system you must live by if you’re going to succeed as a team
- The one philosophy that will separate you from your competition—for the rest of your life—and allow you to overcome any adversity
- The “issue” that kicked off Bo Jackson’s career—that happens to be the same problem plaguing many entrepreneurs—and how he made the shift
- The lesson you must learn to win in business and life
- The one principle that is key to building a great team and overdelivering on results to clients – that will become the catalyst to you building an incredible network
- The one reason you should do/be your best no matter where you are – even if leadership isn’t looking out for you
LINKS AND RESOURCES:
Vigor Ground Fitness and Performance: www.VigorGroundFitness.com
Vigor Life Podcast (iTunes): https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/vigor-life-podcast/id1180256583?mt=2
Luka Hocevar YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ29YcBh-g6onRujX3wD_XA?view_as=subscriber
Luka Hocevar Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lukahocevar/
Book: Legacy – What The All Blacks Can Teach Us About Business And Life: https://www.amazon.com/Legacy-James-Kerr/dp/147210353X/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=legacy&qid=1552534689&s=gateway&sr=8-2
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback that you’d like to share? Leave me a review on iTunes.