EP08: The Three P’s That Are Essential To Your Success With Your Body and Business
You’ve heard it before, “just do what you’re passionate about and everything will fall into place.” I disagree. Although passion is important, if it’s not combined with the two factors that I get into in this episode you’ll be spinning your wheels never really finding what you love to do on a daily basis; which will transfer into every area of your life.
If you find yourself asking the following questions, this podcast is for you:
- Why can’t I stick to a workout program?
- Why do I keep changing jobs and never feeling like I’m getting close to finding “the one”?
- Why are my relationships short and unfulfilled?
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN
- What the real secret to success is **This is something that Steve Martin said and had a whole book written about, and why I have this quote in my office so that I see it every day
- The “Passion Trap” and how the search for your life’s work is making your working life miserable, and how to change that
- Why skills trump passion in the quest for the work you love
- Why I was not passionate about basketball and how the anger from being rejected fuelled me to practice more which led to more ________. And why you should create passion, not search for it
- The one question we always ask our clients that you must also continually ask yourself if you are to peel the layers back and find purpose in the things you do. Without it you may find yourself constantly falling off from your commitments
- What is the “5, 6 and 7” strategy when it comes to finding your true purpose
- How you overestimate what you can do in the short-term and underestimate what you can do in the long-term and why it’s stopping you from achieving your full potential
- How I discovered that “never quit” is B.S. and why you SHOULD quit on certain things
- Discover the combination of the Three P’s and look at things through a different lens to find out how you can break through plateaus in work, training, relationships or anything else for that matters in your life.
LINKS AND RESOURCES IN THIS EPISODE:
Vigor Ground Fitness and Performance
Traffic and Conversion Summit
Book – Scaling Up: How A Few Companies Make It And The Rest Don’t (Vern Harnish)
Book – So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion In The Quest For The Work You Love (Cal Newton)
Thanks so much for joining me this week. If you have some feedback that you’d like to share? Leave me a review on iTunes.