EP083: How Doing The Paleo AIP Diet For 30-Days Created A Big Habit Change In My Life (Despite Not Sticking With It Long Term)
Over the course of two and a half decades of being an athlete and coach I’ve done more diets and experiments than I can count. Every time I learned something in theory, I would experiment with it on myself, before taking the lessons and adding them to my coaches toolbox.
My latest experiment: the Paleo AIP diet. This one entered my radar thanks to my friend Jay Ferruggia – who has been raving about how it has helped him. This intrigued me, so I decided to learn more about it before possibly experimenting with it on myself. When it comes to diets, I am tend to be a little more reluctant to try them because I don’t want to be “that” guy.
With that said, I ended up deciding to give the diet a go. The final trigger? The words of praise from a few Vigor clients who were on it due to autoimmune issues, so I decided to do a 6-week incubator program with Paleo AIP as the nutrition foundation.
In this episode I discuss the experience. If you’re curious about the Paleo AIP diet you will not want to miss this episode of the podcast.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why I decided to do a Paleo AIP diet while not being a “Paleo guy”
- Why I asked my clients to fail and be ok with it, calling it an “experiment” rather than a challenge, and why you should too
- The Paleo AIP protocol, what you can and can’t eat on it, and why one would follow the diet
- The one thing you MUST do when you make a drastic change in your nutrition—that most people neglect to do
- The structure and rules that you need to follow to make the Paleo AIP diet work for you and still be able to reintroduce foods back WITHOUT gaining a lot of weight or feeling like crap
- How one decision created a cascade of consequences in my positive habits and how you can do the same
- Why the “contrast pill” can help you completely transform your life – I detail how to take it
- How to know if you are sedating or avoiding the reality of your life – instead creating behavioral patterns that are leading you away from you goals
- When I like challenges and how they can be a catalyst for better health, business, and life
- Why we eat more than we think and how this lesson can change your body as well as any other daily struggle you’re experiencing
LINKS AND RESOURCES:
Vigor Ground Fitness and Performance: www.VigorGroundFitness.com
Vigor Life Podcast (iTunes): https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/vigor-life-podcast/id1180256583?mt=2
Luka Hocevar YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ29YcBh-g6onRujX3wD_XA?view_as=subscriber
Luka Hocevar Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lukahocevar/
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback that you’d like to share? Leave me a review on iTunes.