EP105: How To Learn For Success, The Unicorn Approach To Overcoming Challenging Times and Leadership Lessons w/ Mark Fisher
Mark Fisher is one of my favorite humans, a close friend, and the co-owner and Ninja Master of Mark Fisher Fitness; is one of the most successful gyms in the history of the fitness industry. Within its first five years, MFF grew from a single personal trainer to a staff of over 35, more than 800 members, and its own studio in midtown Manhattan. Earning it a spot in on the prestigious Inc. 500 list of fastest growing companies in America in 2015. With a reputation as the fitness home of choice for the Broadway community, MFF has been featured in Forbes, The New York Times, New York Post, The Wall St. Journal, NY1, and more. Living by their mantra, “ridiculous humans, serious fitness,” MFF provides progressive training and nutrition protocols in a delivery system of subversive humor, fantastical imagery, and outrageous antics.
Mark and I tend to have these conversations frequently, so it was great to record a podcast with him. In this episode we discuss the challenging times, the science behind overcoming adversity, how to lead people and teams through this and stand the test of time. We also dive deep into how to learn for success. This is a must listen to matter what industry you work in.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN
- What’s valuable right now during this emotional time – the two things that are key and the fine line between them.
- Why we don’t want to be emotionless, because emotions help us make decisions, but also have to understand that emotions are flawed. We discuss how to navigate them.
- Practical coaching examples for how to help a person who is stuck in ruminating, verses someone not processing and burying their emotions.
- How to bring healing to yourself by being a light to others; action, service, and giving creates a positive feedback loop.
- Why there is no successful repression, it’s going to show up somewhere, which is why we must deal with it. Working it out is not enough!
- Why asking the hard questions is the only way to start working on dealing with adversity and what you should be asking yourself.
- What we’re learning, changing our minds on and where we’re finding meaning during these times.
- What Mark thinks about visioning, goal setting, and writing out what you’re going to achieve.
- Productivity, developing skill-sets for the future and wrestling with what matters most when it comes to work.
- Why THIS is the time you must be brutally honest about what you want in every area of your life (and what you have to keep, add, and let go).
- An unusual tip and exercise that may seem counterintuitive but will create breakthroughs for you.
- What “Tomorrowland” is and how it can help you envision the life and business you want to create then reverse engineer it by looking backwards.
- Our thoughts about the law of attraction and is it really B.S?
- How Mark and I brainwashed ourselves from books, courses, mentors, and collected role models in the areas of our life we wanted to grow.
- Can a book really mentor you? Our thoughts around getting the most out of reading and learning how to learn.
And so much more.
LINKS AND RESOURCES
Mark Fisher Fitness: www.MarkFisherFitness.com
Mark Fisher Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/markfisherhumanbeing/
Business For Unicorns: www.BusinessForUnicorns.com
Vigor Life Podcast (iTunes): https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/vigor-life-podcast/id1180256583?mt=2
Luka Hocevar YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ29YcBh-g6onRujX3wD_XA?view_as=subscriber
Luka Hocevar Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lukahocevar
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback that you’d like to share? Leave me a review on iTunes.