EP111: 6 Powers That Create an Unstoppable Mindset & How to Turn Pain into Purpose w/ Dr. Jade Teta
I’ve been following (and loving) Dr. Jade Teta’s work for years, so this one has been a long time coming. Dr. Teta is an integrative physician who specializes in natural health, fitness and body transformation. He is also the co-author of The Metabolic Effect Diet. Dr. Teta completed his undergraduate training at North Carolina State University, earning a bachelors of science in biochemistry. He then went on to study at Bastyr University in Seattle, Washington; completing his doctorate in naturopathic medicine.
Dr. Teta has worked in the fitness and weight loss field for over 20 years, and is the co-developer of the rest-based training system for personal training and group exercise. He is also the co-founder of the Naturopathic Health Clinic of North Carolina, along with the health, fitness and international fat loss company, Metabolic Effect. His background in natural medicine. That coupled with his fitness expertise has defined his healthcare specialties of hormonal weight loss and functional medicine approaches to chronic disease.
To add to Dr. Teta’s already impressive resume, he has also been a contributing expert on Lifetime TV, Fox News, Onfitness magazine, Oxygen, Delicious and many more. He blogs extensively on the topics of hormonal approaches to building muscle and burning fat, the science of exercise and supplementation, sleep and stress management, the psychology of change and happiness, and that one size does not fit all when it comes to leading a healthy lifestyle.
In this episode we dive into mindset and the importance of it in every area of life. We also discuss how to develop and unstoppable one, along with how to deal with pain while turning it into power and purpose.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN
- How Dr. Jade Teta build the principles in all areas of his life from making big mistakes.
- How to build your own Warrior Ethos and honor code for how you live your life (the success principles).
- The 6 POWERS that build the principles to an unstoppable mindset and success.
- Why perception is the foundation of it all and how to change yours so it can help not hurt you.
- Why true wisdom is knowing you know nothing, and why this leads to curiosity as a core value.
- Why sharing is a KEY component to becoming a fulfilled human with purpose in your life.
- Our analogy of life being like a game and how to master it, overcomes bosses, gain new powers, and share your game insights with others.
- The 5 P’s of Purpose and why they matter so much.
- How to overcome and heal your own pain and make it a path to your own purpose (and get unstuck from the pain and complaining game).
- Why humans love redemption stories and how you can become your own hero.
- The powerful anecdote of cutting yourself that Dr. Jade uses to show how most people deal with their emotional pain and how you should deal with it.
- How I stopped lying and told the truth to overcome pain and create personal power (and a story about hiding oranges).
- How to determine whether you’re the problem in the situation or if it’s someone else, we break down exactly how to do this.
- The 3 things that make up commitment and how doing them will put you in the 1% of successful people.
- What to do when you’re overwhelmed to make sure you keep progressing and getting results.
- Fear exposure and how to overcome things you’ve been afraid of to create a catalyst for success in your life.
And so much more.
LINKS AND RESOURCES
Jade Teta: https://www.jadeteta.com/
Jade Teta Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jadeteta/
Next Level Human Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/next-level-human-with-dr-jade-teta/id1333722346
Vigor Life Podcast (iTunes): https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/vigor-life-podcast/id1180256583?mt=2
Luka Hocevar YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ29YcBh-g6onRujX3wD_XA?view_as=subscriber
Luka Hocevar Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lukahocevar/
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback that you’d like to share? Leave me a review on iTunes.