I sat down with coach Cody from Vigor Ground Fitness and Performance to talk about the perspectives, mindsets, skill sets and strategies that we implement with our clients to help them change behaviors and get them closer to their goals — while making fitness and nutrition a sustainable stress-free part of their lives. We dig into some very specific examples as well as shine a light on some of the things that most fitness media pushes as the solution, when it fact it may lead to a roller coaster of weight loss and weight gain.
If you look deeper at this conversation there are many strategies that you can use in principle to help change your behavior — whether related to nutrition or any other lifestyle factor. As I’ve said before, nutrition coaching is more about inter personal skills and psychology than it is about the x’s and o’s.
If you’re looking to change your habits to help you achieve your goals then don’t miss this episode.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- What NOT to do – even though it’s what main fitness media pushes when it comes to your nutrition
- Why Cody and myself fall into level 1 when it comes to nutrition, even though we stay year round, and the reason most people take on too difficult of a behavior change and fail
- The limiting factors that are stopping you from changing your nutrition and lifestyle for good
- One of the key factors to improving the quality of the nutrients you are getting into your diet, and the drill we use with clients to add variety and success into their nutrition plan
- Some ways to build fundamental skills that are fun, build community and end up transforming your habits long-term
- The SIMPLE and yet fastest way to change your environment and change your night time eating and snacking
- How to cut out caffeine, alcohol and sugar beverages with success and improve your hydration
- The “all or nothing” mindset that rarely gets us ______ and gets us _________ most of the time
- The MOST important habit anyone can develop and the strategies you can implement to help you develop it
- The HALT acronym and how these questions can stop you from thinking you’re hungry when you’re not
- One of the reasons why it’s so easy to overindulge in the foods that don’t help you lose weight or build lean muscle
- 3 skill sets you need to learn of you want to avoid repeating a cycle of frustration with your nutrition
- The step-by-step approach to eliminating all the things that are holding you back, one-by-one (this simple strategy works but most people don’t do it because it’s so easy)
- The one habit that can change your energy levels, make you feel better, think clearer and treat people nicer
- And much more
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback that you’d like to share? Leave me a review on iTunes.