Nate Green is one of my closest friends and a great human being who also happens to be a fantastic writer. Nate is a marketing strategist and writer at Precision Nutrition. A former personal trainer and gym-owner, he’s also the author of four books, including Built for Show. He’s written extensively for online and print magazines, including Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, and Tim Ferriss’ blog. Nate is one of the people I reach out and talk to when I want to clear out ideas, thoughts, share life experience and talk them out as he always has deep, powerful insights.
In this episode we cover everything from how to write better and insights on how to influence through your writing, to meditative inquiry, the benefits of training with no music or stimulants.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN
- Why Nate stays off social media, except for Twitter (it has something to do with a blue checkmark and ego).
- What Nate’s role at Precision Nutrition is now and what has he been learning and improving as a skillset.
- Writing, marketing, strategy, and copywriting – how Nate develops and mentors new staff to help them become quality writers.
- The 3 lessons that are a must for any writer if they want to create high quality content.
- “If you can write long you can write short, but if you write short then you don’t have the skillset to write long”
- The 3 high income skills that will forever be in need and a must for you to develop if you’re going to grow your business.
- When you can write well then you can do all these things better for your business. We discuss ALL of them.
- The most powerful two questions in copywriting that will help you improve your writing (this is gold!)
- How to hook people in emails, landing pages, or even texts with this simple strategy.
- Using social proof in your writing without looking cocky and confident (just the right amount of “salt”).
- Why you have to be careful about being a hero rather than Yoda when it comes to writing copy.
- How to be a “living landing page” and communicating in the best possible way to convert and influence clients (or anyone else).
- The reason it is your duty and obligation to become great at communication, the art of persuasion, and selling yourself.
- One of THE greatest skills and practices that will be key in making you succeed as a business owner (moving forward this is the game changer).
- The power of journaling not only for personal development but in helping you solve problems and thinking better – Nate’s examples of how he uses it.
- My “Thinking Time” process and how it helps me prevent mistakes, create strategy, and outlining vision – it’s rarely done by business owners.
- Nate explains “meditative inquiry” and how it helps him get clear, focused, and stress-free (with some powerful questions).
- Why you should NOT use music, pre-workout, podcasts or anything else to distract yourself during training, rather do THIS.
- How to train yourself to be able to be calm in discomfort that carries to all areas of your life.
- What is Internal Family Systems therapy and how it’s helped Nate change his life and how it can help you (how to embrace all parts of yourself and see them as gifts and advisers).
- “When are you going to stop with this self improvement drama Nate?” Discover the answer to this deep question.
LINKS AND RESOURCES
Nate Green website: https://nategreen.org/
Precision Nutrition: www.PrecisionNutrition.com
Book: Deep Work – Rules For Focused Success In A Distracted Work (Cal Newport): https://www.amazon.com/Deep-Work-Focused-Success-Distracted/dp/1455586692/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=deep+work&qid=1598569884&sr=8-3
Book: Internal Family Systems Therapy – Second Edition (Richard C. Schwartz): https://www.amazon.com/Internal-Family-Systems-Therapy-Second/dp/1462541461/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=internal+family+systems&qid=1598997465&sr=8-3
Vigor Life Podcast (iTunes): https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/vigor-life-podcast/id1180256583?mt=2
Luka Hocevar YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ29YcBh-g6onRujX3wD_XA?view_as=subscriber
Luka Hocevar Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lukahocevar/
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback that you’d like to share? Leave me a review on iTunes.