Jonathan Goodman is the creator of the Personal Trainer Development Center. Since 2011, he has supported fitness professionals by publishing over a million words, growing some of the largest online communities, publishing several books and establishing the first-ever certification for online trainers, the Online Trainer Academy. He’s been featured in most major business and fitness publications including Men’s Health, Forbes, Entrepreneur, Muscle & Fitness and Inc. – to name a few. Originally from Toronto, Canada, Jon spends his winters exploring the World with his wife and son.
Jon and I dive deep into the foundational principles of what it takes to build a successful business and then pivot to get specifically into building and online coaching brand that is profitable, sustainable and stands the test of time. If you’re a coach looking to build an online business (or ANY type of business in the fitness space) then this is a MUST listen to episode.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN
- What’s going to happen with most coaches in the industry when it comes to the future of in person and online training.
- Everything works, from blogs, podcasts, Instagram, YouTube, etc. but here is what you MUST follow to succeed on any platform.
- Jon breaks down exactly what he would do if he started on a social platform to succeed and also make money.
- The reason why Jon never did podcasts but is now starting his own – and the most powerful reasons to do one.
- The process of building a specific skillset that will help you position yourself, generate leads, make sales and build a real business.
- Lessons about not launching too early with a sub-par product (a big mistake many people make).
- Why you don’t need to stress about missing out on new platforms that could “blow up.” We discuss what you really need to focus on.
- The reason you shouldn’t start with paid advertising and how to make your first sales and build “the machine.”
- The 5/1/60 Principle that will help you create a compelling offer to get your first clients.
- The exact steps to get your first 5 clients online—even if you don’t have a big social media following—and be able to get you started with online coaching.
- The truth about building an online coaching businesses fast and keeping it sustainable.
- Picking lower price point membership sites vs. high end coaching – what works and what you certainly shouldn’t do. Jon and I break it down in detail.
- The lessons from a friend and mentor who built one of the biggest niche programs and sold it for over a 100+ million to the Golf Channel.
- Why Jon has written 11 books and where the real value comes in from.
- What is possible for an online coach when it comes to serving clients and providing a great service (how many clients, price points, automation, hybrid models).
- Jon is building an online fitness company and breaks down exactly how they will do it step-by-step, from launch, hiring break down, organization, marketing… (steal this!)
- What Jon recommends to gym owners when it comes to growth and also adding online coaching possibilities.
- Why do we run away from the things that are different even though they’re better for us, and how to change it (stemming from an example Jon gives on an opportunity missed by a big chain gym in Canada).
- As a fitness professional you’re going to come out of COVID in one of two ways. Learn them.
- The power of being great on camera and whether you can be successful without it.
And much more.
LINKS AND RESOURCES
Jon Goodman Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jonathan_goodman101/
The Personal Trainer Development Center: https://www.theptdc.com/
Online Trainer Academy: https://www.theptdc.com/online-trainer-academy-certification-c?utm_expid=.0kYl7KMnRuawga9mWgeQLg.1&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F
Jonathan Goodman All Books link: https://www.amazon.com/Jonathan-Goodman/e/B007V2QK18
Vigor Life Podcast (iTunes): https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/vigor-life-podcast/id1180256583?mt=2
Luka Hocevar YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ29YcBh-g6onRujX3wD_XA?view_as=subscriber
Luka Hocevar Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lukahocevar/
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback that you’d like to share? Leave me a review on iTunes.