James Krieger is a scientist, trainer, bodybuilder, and author of the Weightology Research Review. He has a master’s degree in nutrition from the University of Florida and another in exercise science from Washington State. James also started Fit Pro Financial to help coaches develop financial health and learn how to manage and invest money so that it works for them.
I catch up with James to talk about the principles that help anyone succeed with nutrition long-term. We also break down some myths that have become obstacles for people to simplify and win when it comes to their diet. In the second part of the podcast, we dive into financial habits for coaches and how to be “financially healthy”, touching on principles, mindsets, as well as specific strategies to help you build your bank account and security.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN
- Why most people who try to lose weight succeed, they just didn’t succeed at keeping it off (a bigger obstacle for most).
- The number 1 predictor of weight loss is dietary adherence – it’s by far the most important thing (and most difficult since our brains are wired to work against us).
- Why the Western-style diet overrides your signals of appetite regulation and makes you want to eat more food (without realizing it) and how to avoid that minefield.
- Why there is no “best diet” and the question that will help you determine which nutrition approach to go with.
- Why introducing as many barriers as possible can be a good strategy for weight/fat loss.
- The reason “working for your food” is a key strategy in success.
- 5 powerful strategies/rules for your daily nutrition that help clients achieve sustainable results.
- Why tracking your food even for a short period of time can be helpful for awareness (and what to do if you don’t want to track).
- A template I use with clients that have been successful at getting results without tracking calories.
- The reason less variety is a GOOD thing for nutrition success (and some studies on buffets that confirm why a lot of choices is detrimental).
- The reason exercise is SO important when it comes to maintaining weight loss (the scientific data is overwhelming on this).
- Why you MUST have a plan to not fall back into your old habits when you’re transitioning into “weight maintenance.”
- What is reverse dieting and why its more of a mental trick than it is a physiological adaptation that “protects your metabolism.”
- How being unfit and obese affects your decision-making and mental outlook in the world (and why strength training is a keystone habit).
- Why the financial habits of the average American are NOT good, and just like nutrition, is a skillset you must build. We dive into what and how.
- How James made money, lost it all, and then rebuilt it back up with rules and structure and what you can learn from it (and why being a day trader is the hardest “easy money” you’ll make).
- 2 BIG lessons when it comes to investing and trading.
- 3 out of 4 Americans don’t have enough savings to cover a $1,000 emergency (when the goal should be 6-12 months – we’ve learned that with COVID).
- Don’t buy [email protected]*t you don’t need (filter it and factor in needs vs wants).
- My rules for whether to buy something or not and when to put it into investments (and what categorizes investments).
- James’ 4 principles to live by to be financially healthy.
And much, much more…
LINKS AND RESOURCES
Fit Pro Financial: https://fitprofinancial.com/
James Krieger Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/james.krieger/
Vigor Life Podcast (iTunes): https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/vigor-life-podcast/id1180256583?mt=2
Luka Hocevar YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ29YcBh-g6onRujX3wD_XA?view_as=subscriber
Luka Hocevar Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lukahocevar/
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback that you’d like to share? Leave me a review on iTunes.