EP 160: The Training, Skillsets and Mindsets Of Being An Athlete For Life, & Winning In The Game Of Life
This was a interview that Ali Gilbert did with me on the Virtual Silverback Summit that I want to share with everyone as I dove into the Athlete For Life model of training, as well as diving into the mindset of growth, overcoming obstacles, and winning in life. I share how I approach my own training, both physical and mental, as well as that of my clients.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- The experience from a combined 12,000+ clients we have coached between the two Vigor Ground gyms in Slovenia and Seattle.
- Why no one cares about how they look IF they feel like crap and can’t function and perform tasks they want to.
- The reason why a weekend warrior without strength training is exposing themselves to injuries.
- Why men miss the “locker room atmosphere” and that is a huge part of success in the training.
- The 4 spokes of the wheel that create a body that looks, feels, and performs at it’s best.
- Why doing your best is only part of it, the key is to _________.
- The studies that show what is closely correlated to mortality and how to integrate into a comprehensive program.
- NOT training speed and power is leading you to not be able to perform in sport, life, and is setting you up for injuries.
- The BIG reason older clients should do speed and power training.
- How my parents who both have Parkinson’s influence my training with clients.
- How I use the pie analgoy with the R7 training model to create Athlete for Life training programs.
- Machines vs free weights, what, when, how and why I choose one or the other.
- How to help clients believe the best is yet to come. The “never peak” mentality!
- The way the Vigor Ground environment drives community and creates a culture of getting better.
- Why more and more people are doing labs and tests to find out what is “under the hood”, their inner health.
- If you don’t have a path and a plan, your default is struggle, falling back to doing what you’re doing now.
- 3 levels of accountability you get at coaching gyms that are a superpower.
- The mindset practices I use with clients to build their mental strength.
- Why you must understand that our behaviors are bio-physio-social and how to affect your own personal change.
- The reason you MUST dive deeper into these specific topics to become the highest level coach.
- Why a therapist, a group, and treatment changed my life once I actually asked for help.
- How fighting for your limitations is keeping you stuck and the awareness that will break you free.
- Why you should be the first one, the example, for others you love to look up to.
- The power of stories and consistency.
LINKS & RESOURCES:
Vigor Ground Fitness and Performance www.VigorGroundFitness.com
Luka’s Courses and Workshops www.LukaHocevar.com
Vigor Life Podcast (iTunes) h
Vigor Life Podcast on Spotify https://open.spotify.com/show/
Luka Hocevar YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/